In November 1992, Adobe released Adobe Photoshop 2.5 bitmap graphics editor. It was the first version of the program available for Macintosh and Windows.
Adobe Photoshop 2.5 included new features such as 16-bit per channel support, palettes and "Deluxe" edition was available on CD-ROM. The Mac version had codename Merlin and the Windows version, Brimstone. Photoshop 2.5 was also available on IRIX and Solaris platforms.
- November 1992
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later
- 80386 processor or faster recommended
- MS-DOS 5.0 or later
- System 6.0 or later
- 68020 or faster recommended
- 4 MB of RAM (8 MB recommended)
- 10 MB of available disk space
- Color Standard VGA display adapter
- Mouse or other compatible pointing device
- Floppy drive or CD-ROM drive