In September 1994, Adobe released the Adobe Photoshop 3.0 bitmap graphics editor for the Macintosh platform. In November 1994, Windows, IRIX, and Solaris versions were launched.
Adobe Photoshop 3.0 included new features such as layers and tabbed palettes. The Mac version bore codename Tiger Mountain.
- September 1994
- Microsoft Windows 3.1 or later
- 80386 processor or faster recommended
- System 7.0 or later
- 68020 or faster recommended
- 16 MB of RAM (24 MB recommended)
- 25 MB of available disk space
- 16-bit color VGA graphics card (24-bit recommended)
- Mouse or other compatible pointing device
- Floppy drive or CD-ROM drive
- $569 in 1994