Adobe Photoshop 5.0
In May 1998, Adobe released Adobe Photoshop 5.0 bitmap graphics editor. Windows and Macintosh versions were launched simultaneously.
Adobe Photoshop 5.0 included new features such as magnetic lasso and pen, freeform pen, color management, editable type, multiple undo, automation plugins, increased 16 bit/channel support, measure tool, and more. Photoshop 5.0 was the last version released for System 7.5.
Photoshop 5.0 codename was Strange Cargo.
- May 1998
- Intel Pentium or faster processor
- Windows 95 or later, Intel-based Windows NT version 4.0 or later
- An Apple Power Macintosh computer
- Mac OS version 7.5 or later
- At least 32 MB of RAM (64 MB recommended)
- A hard drive with at least 60 MB of free space
- An 8-bit (265-color) display adapter card
- CD-ROM drive
- $995 (upgrade, $199)