Internet Explorer 7.0
On October 18, 2006, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 7.0. IE7 was the default browser in Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Embedded POSReady 2009.
Internet Explorer 7.0 included many new features such as Tabbed browsing, Tab groups, Quick tabs, Streamlined interface, Advanced printing, Instant search box, Favorites center, RSS feeds, Page zoom. Internet Explorer 7.0 also improved support for web standards, although it didn’t pass the Acid2 or Acid3 tests.
- October 18, 2006
- 233MHz processor or higher (Pentium processor recommended)
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3), Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) – 64 MB
- Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) – 64 MB
- Windows XP Professional x64 Edition – 128 MB
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 (SP1) – 64 MB
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 ia64 – 128 MB
- Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution monitor with 256 colors
- CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
- Free download from Microsoft website
- Included with Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009