In May 1998, Macromedia released a vector graphics editor for creating interactive Macromedia Flash 3.0 web animations.
Macromedia Flash 3.0 included new features such as vector & bitmap transparency, shape morphing, sprite animation, standalone projectors, bandwidth profiling, and more.
- May 1998
- 80486 processor or faster recommended, including Intel Pentium processor, with Windows 95, Windows NT 4, or later
- Windows 95: 16 MB of RAM (24 MB recommended)
- Windows NT 4: 24 MB of RAM (32 MB recommended)
- Power Macintosh with System 7.5 or later
- 16 MB of RAM (32 MB recommended)
- 8-bit (256-color) VGA graphics card
- Mouse, pen tablet, or compatible pointing device
- CD-ROM drive
- Microsoft Windows 3.1, 95, NT 3.5.1 or later
- 68k Macintosh (PowerPC recommended) with System 7.1 or later
- Netscape plug-in works with Netscape 2 or later (Macintosh and Windows)
- ActiveX control works with Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 or later (Windows 95 or later, Windows NT)
- Flash Player Java Edition requires a Java-enabled browser