Internet Explorer 5.5
In July 2000, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 5.5. The browser was bundled with Windows Me operating system.
Internet Explorer 5.5 included improved features such as Search, History, Favorites functions, and new Print Preview, increased support for DHTML and CSS, and developer APIs. IE 5.5 also included support for 128-bit encryption.
- July, 2000
- Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, or Windows 2000
- A 486 with a 66 MHz processor or higher (Pentium processor recommended)
- 16 MB of RAM minimum (Windows 95 and Windows 98)
- 32 MB of RAM minimum (Windows ME and Windows NT)
- 64 MB of RAM minimum (Windows 2000)
- Hard drive space:
- Minimal install (browser-only): required for install: 45 MB, required to run: 27 MB after restart
- Typical install: required for install: 70 MB, required to run: 55 MB after restart
- Full install: required for install: 111 MB, required to run: 80 MB after restart
- Modem or Internet connection
- CD-ROM drive (if installation is done from a CD-ROM)
- Free download from Microsoft website